FREE ADMISSION for Hartford residents with valid ID thanks to The Edward C. and Ann T. Roberts Foundation. Regular admission prices apply for non-Hartford residents.
Celebrate the opening of our newly restored galleries, featuring Coney Island: Visions of an American Dreamland and the first reinstallation of our Post-War and Contemporary Art collections in nearly 20 years! Also opening is Michael C. McMillen / MATRIX 171: SIDESHOW.
Docent-led tours are free with admission; meet outside the Museum Shop.
- 11:30 am: Contemporary Art
- 1 pm: Collection Highlights
- 2:30 pm: Coney Island
Join a museum docent for a tour of the special exhibition Coney Island: Visions of an American Dreamland, 1861 – 2008. Meet by the Museum Shop.
First Thursday: Coney Island: Tunnel of Love: Join us to celebrate the romantic allure of Coney Island and enjoy:
- Tours of Coney Island: Visions of an American Dreamland
- Ragtime jazz by the Artists Collective
- Valentine’s Day card making with Hartford Prints!
- Speed dating
- Psychic Medium Readings by Serenity Grove Wellness Center
- Free snacks and cash bar
- Film at 8 pm, The Gilded Lily
Facebook event here.
First Thursday After Hours
Join us the first Thursday of every month for extended exhibition hours, music, cocktails, food, art activities, a film, and more!