This event is for members only. RSVP to 860-838-4171 or email@example.com.
Not a member? Join now and get 10% off your new membership! Applies to new members only.
Celebrate the opening of our newly restored galleries, featuring Coney Island: Visions of an American Dreamland and the first reinstallation of our Post-War and Contemporary Art collections in nearly 20 years!
Enjoy special tours, films, art-making activities, and more!
FREE ADMISSION for Hartford residents with valid ID thanks to The Edward C. and Ann T. Roberts Foundation. Regular admission prices apply for non-Hartford residents.
ALL DAY: Audio tours for Coney Island and Post-War & Contemporary Art
- 10:30 am: Tour, ABCs: Art, Books, Connections
- 11 am – 2 pm: Pop Up at Coney Island! Art-making Activity with Nina Goodale-Salazar
- 11 am – 3 pm: Films: Coney Island & Rube and Mandy at Coney Island - FREE POPCORN!
- 11:30 am: Tour, Eyes on Art
- Noon: Gallery Talk, MATRIX 171 artist Michael C. McMillen
- 1 pm: Tour, Contemporary Art
- 2:30 pm: Tour, Coney Island
Facebook event here.
Learn more about the museum’s new galleries.
As part of the day’s public opening celebrations we’re screening two films on loop from 11 am to 3 pm:
- Coney Island, 1917. 25 min. Starring Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle
- Rube and Mandy at Coney Island, 1903. 12 min.